Wednesday, July 4, 2012

5th July 2012


Faith redefined….????????

"Religion"...The word itself is one of the most debated and controversial topic, not only in today's world but since ancient times. And I won’t be getting into the discussion of it with my limited knowledge…But dont you think religion is a relative term which depends on the time and place of your birth? Confused??? I mean to say that I am a Hindu Bengali girl because I was born in Kolkata in a Hindu family, so I belief in Shiv, Vishnu and in other Gods of Hindu Mythology, but what if I was born in Afghanistan?? Won’t I be worshiping Allah??????
Ultimately which matters is faith..Religion may be relative but faith is universal. Its buried deep in our very existence...the faith in a Supreme Being…The fear of accountability to that Power....
Today I was going through the news and came across an interesting piece of news....Scientist had found a new sub atomic particle which is supposed to be the key to understanding why there is diversity and life in the Universe. This piece of news elated me as well as forced me to think theologically...The word God is not just a image whom we fear and worship but a strength…And a part of our existence. Our Parents had taught us that God by his magic wand has created universe and  is constantly looking down at us, rewarding us for our good deeds and punishing for the evil ones. The very sense of accountability towards our creator helps us to become a better human being in this today’s pitiless world.

But after this extraordinary discovery, will God be limited to a mere three lettered word for our next generation or it will enhance the respect for an invisible creator? Well, the answer to this is yet to reveal itself….




1 comment:

  1. very well.. love the question that u have posed to everyone..

    ReplyDelete